Official Rules of Fort Greene Park
OFF-LEASH TIME IS NOW ON THE BOOKS! However, it is up to each park's manager to decide if an area can be designated as an off-leash area. Please TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your dog's actions. Only responsible dog ownership will ensure continued off-leash time.
- PICK UP after your dog. It is the law ($1,000 fine for violation) and it's also just plain considerate!
- YOU MUST leash your dog between the hours of 9:00 am and 9:00 pm in Fort Greene Park. There is a $100 fine for violation of this law.
- DO NOT let your dog play in the tennis courts. Dog nails scratch the surface.
- See further information on the city's off-leash rules .
PUPS' Suggestions for Better Dog Relations in Fort Greene Park
- PLEASE (gently) let someone know if their dog has pooped and they did not see it. Dogs generally make one poop per park visit. Pay attention!
- PLEASE don't let your dog run across park paths, especially on weekdays when people are walking to work.
- DO NOT let your dog dig holes. If your dog does dig a hole, please try to fill it. Holes create dangerous trip hazards in the park.
- PLEASE rotate the areas in which you let your dog play off-leash. The park lawns are fragile and we can help by rotating our dogs to less stressed areas of the park.
- PLEASE DO NOT let an aggressive dog off-leash.
- PLEASE BE EXTRA ATTENTIVE with your unneutered dog. Some unneutered males are aggressive. Females in heat should not be brought into the park, even leashed.